Franklin County Community Foundation Distributes Over $146,000 to Local Nonprofit Organizations
Franklin County Community Foundation
April 14, 2023
The Franklin County Community Foundation (FCCF) held its 2023 grant awards celebration at First Bank Hampton in Hampton on April 14, announcing the distribution of $146,867.16 to 21 projects of organizations serving Franklin County through its 2023 grant cycle.
“It’s an honor for the Franklin County Community Foundation to support these local nonprofits in their work to strengthen our communities and make them great places for all to live, work and play,” said Eric Reicherts, chair of the FCCF committee.
The grant recipient organizations, project each grant will fund, and grant amounts are listed below by funding area.
Arts & Culture
- Franklin County Fair & Convention Center, Pleasant Hill - Ice Cream Stand and Church Improvements, $10,000
- Windsor Theatre Development Corporation, DOLBY DMA Amp, $8,000
- City of Alexander, New City Park, $10,000
- City of Coulter, Public Works - Utility Buildings Upgrade, $5,000
- City of Hampton, Police Department - Flooring Replacement, $2,500
- City of Hansell, Bunker Gear Update, $6,000
- City of Sheffield, Fire Department - Gear Replacement, $10,000
Education & Youth Development
- Apple Daycare, Downstairs Heater, $7,000
- CAL Community School District, Elementary - Farm to School Expansion, $9,000
- Franklin County ISU Extension, Franklin County Office, $2,500
- Hampton Community Christian Daycare, Parking Lot Repaving & Landscaping, $10,000
- Hampton-Dumont Community School District, North Side Elementary – Playground, $10,000
- La Luz Centro Cultural, Technology Overhaul, $5,000
- North Central Iowa Ag in the Classroom, Agriculture Education Weeks for Students in Franklin County, $1,500
- West Fork Community School District, Elementary School – Playground, $10,000
Environment & Animal Welfare
- Friends of Prairie Bridges Park, Shelter House with Bathrooms and Kitchen, $5,000
- Franklin County R.A.C.E., Refresh, Renew, and Reenergize Campaign, $10,000
- Franklin General Hospital Foundation, Franklin General Hospital SANE, $1,367.16
- Access, Incorporated, Furnace Replacement, $8,000
- Food Bank of Iowa, Feeding Franklin County, $6,000
- West Fork Food Pantry, Walk-In Freezer, $10,000
Decisions on grant awards are determined by a local committee, which consists of volunteers from Franklin County. Committee members include: Jeanie Arends, Dennis Carlson, Elizabeth Carr, Ashley Francis, Kayla Norman, Anne Plagge, Nicole Poock, Eric Reicherts (chair), Jamie Reinke and Kyle Whalen.
Grants are awarded through FCCF’s competitive grant process to projects in the program areas of arts and culture, community betterment, education and youth development, environment and animal welfare, health and human service. Grant applicants must be a 501(c)(3) designated organization or government entity serving Franklin County in order to be considered for funding. More information about the FCCF can be found at www.franklinccf.org.