Matching Gift Opportunity Supporting Floyd County Nonprofit Agencies, Deadline July 15
Floyd County Community Foundation
June 28, 2021
The deadline to participate in Floyd County Community Foundation’s matching gift opportunity benefiting Floyd County permanent endowment nonprofit agency funds is July 15, 2021. All donors making a minimum gift of $500 or greater to a nonprofit agency fund held with the Foundation qualify to receive a 50 percent match. This opportunity is offered on a first-come, first-served basis with a total of $15,000 in matching funds. Gifts can be made online at www.floydccf.org.
Nonprofit agency endowment funds currently held with the Foundation include:
- Bucklen Family Community Endowment Fund
- Charles Theatre Fund
- Charles City Area Dollars for Scholars Fund
- Charles City Community Excellence in Education Foundation Endowment Fund
- Floyd County Medical Center Foundation Fund
- Floyd County Fair Society Fund
- Fossil and Prairie Center Endowment Fund
- Heart to Home Hospice Endowment Fund
- Daisy Kivel Memorial Fund for Floyd County Extension
- Koenigsfeld Family Roseville General Store Endowment Fund
- The Learning Center (TLC) Endowment Fund
- Messiah's Food Pantry Endowment Fund
- National 19th Amendment Society Endowment Fund
- PAWS Endowment Fund
- Spay Neuter Assistance Program
Gifts to permanent endowment funds are also Endow Iowa eligible and have the added benefit of the 25% state tax credit, as well as normal federal tax deductions for charitable gifts. Donors have five years to carry-forward the Endow Iowa Tax Credit. More information about Endow Iowa can be found at www.cfneia.org/endowiowa.
The match also applies to nonprofit organizations interested in starting their own fund, or for donors wishing to create a fund to support a nonprofit they love, with the Foundation. A minimum of $10,000 is required to establish a fund with the FCCF.
Gifts of cash/check and stock are accepted through the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa, 3117 Greenhill Circle, Cedar Falls, IA, 50613, which is the administrative office of the Floyd County Community Foundation. Checks should be made payable to the name of the fund the donor is making a gift to. Gifts can also be made on the Community Foundation’s secure website at www.floydccf.org.
Questions about the match, making a gift or establishing a fund may be directed to Terry Gaumer, affiliate development director with CFNEIA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-243-1354.