Emmet County Community Foundation Distributes Over $150,000 to Local Nonprofit Organizations
Emmet County Community Foundation
June 29, 2023
The Emmet County Community Foundation (ECCF) held its 2023 grant awards celebration at the VFW Hall in Estherville on June 28, announcing the distribution of $151,220.16 to 20 projects of organizations serving Emmet County through its 2023 grant cycle.
“There are so many fantastic things happening in Emmet County and the Emmet County Community Foundation is honored to be able to help make some of these efforts possible through impactful grantmaking,” said Robin Enerson, chair of the ECCF committee.
The grant recipient organizations, project each grant will fund and grant amounts are listed below by funding area.
Arts & Culture
- Peterson Point Preservation Foundation, Handicap Accessibility and Farmhouse Preservation, $10,000
- Ringsted Community Improvement Organization, Operation Umbrella, $10,000
- Armstrong Betterment Club, Park Improvement Phase 2 & 3, $10,700
- City of Estherville, Airport Commission - Estherville Airport Signage, $5,000
- City of Estherville, Parks & Rec - Disc Golf Course Expansion, $4,000
- City of Estherville, Police Department - Programming and Equipment, $9,000
- City of Gruver, Fire Department - Helmets and Complete Fire Suits, $6,000
- City of Ringsted, Evening Out Club - Park Improvement, $13,700
- City of Ringsted, Friends of the Library - Digitalization of Yearbooks, $3,000
- Estherville Firefighters Association, Purchase Rescue Tool, $10,000
Education & Youth Development
- Emmet County ISU Extension, Farm Safety Day, $3,000
- North Union Elementary School - Fenton Campus, Rock Climbing Wall, $7,220.16
- Northwest Iowa Mental Health Center, Seasons Center: Emmet County Respite Care & Wrap-Around Support, $4,600
- Upper Des Moines Opportunity, Emmet County Early Head Start Roosevelt Renovation, $10,000
Environment & Animal Welfare
- Emmet County Nature Center Foundation, Nature Center Roof, $10,000
- Emmet County, Public Health - Client Services and Community Programming, $9,500
- Wallingford Community Fire and Emergency Medical Services, Life Pack "15" Saving One Heart at a Time, $10,000
- Elderbridge Agency on Aging, Congregate and Home-Delivered Meal Program, $5,000
- Food Bank of Iowa, Feeding Emmet County, $7,500
- Grandview Baptist Church, Community Breakfast and Outreach, $3,000
Decisions on grant awards are determined by a local committee, which consists of volunteers from Emmet County. Committee members include: Robin Enerson (chair), Bob Grems, Jean Hoffman, Megan Janssen Spurgin, Autumn Larsen, Mary Moorman, Diane Nelsen, Dr. Cory Rezac, Jim Rosendahl and Tena Sunde.
Grants are awarded through ECCF’s competitive grant process to projects in the program areas of arts and culture, community betterment, education and youth development, environment and animal welfare, health and human service. Grant applicants must be a 501(c)(3) designated organization or government entity serving Emmet County in order to be considered for funding. More information about the ECCF can be found at www.emmetccf.org.