Cerro Gordo County Community Foundation Distributes Over $130,000 to Local Nonprofit Organizations
Cerro Gordo County Community Foundation
July 21, 2022
The Cerro Gordo County Community Foundation (CGCCF) held its 2022 grant awards celebration at the Ventura Community Center on July 20, announcing the distribution of $130,968.90 to 27 projects of organizations serving Cerro Gordo County through its 2022 grant cycle.
“The Cerro Gordo County Community Foundation is thrilled to support these grant recipients as they serve the needs and support life in our community,” said Shaun Arneson, chair of the CGCCF governing committee.
Grant recipient organization, project the grant will fund, and grant amount is listed below by funding area.
Arts & Culture
- City of Mason City, MacNider Art Museum – Ceramic Studio Equipment, $3,000
- North Iowa Events Center, Emergency Exit Door Replacement, $3,761
- Surf Ballroom & Museum, Instrument Petting Zoo & Surf Ballroom Traveling Museum, $3,069.95
- Wright on the Park, Inc., Historic Park Inn Hotel HVAC Component Retrofit, $3,000
- City of Mason City, Pickle Ball Club – Pickle Ball Court Improvement, $3,285.95
- City of Swaledale, Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) Facemask Purchase, $4,224
- Mason City Downtown Association, Main Street District Beautification and Banner Program, $5,250
- Meservey Fire & Rescue Foundation, Inc., Equip Public Facility with Commercial Standby Generator, $10,000
- Mission Thornton, Inc., Thornton Park Improvement, $3,513
- Rockwell Community Fire Service, Fire Hose Replacement, $5,908
- Society To Preserve Antiquated Town Structures, Window Replacement & Church Steps Refurbishment, $7,032
- Thornton Volunteer Fire Association, Bunker Gear for New Fireman, $3,500
- Ventura Firefighters Association, SCBA Bottles, $5,484
Education & Youth Development
- Caring Pregnancy Center, The READ Project (Reading and Education to Allow for Deeper Learning), $4,100
- Central Gardens of North Iowa, Youth Education Programs in the Bee Happy Discovery Garden, $3,485
- Charlie Brown Preschool and Child Care Center, Preschool Playground, $7,500
- North Iowa Area Community College Foundation, From Camps to College, $6,000
- Cerro Gordo County Department of Public Health, Happy Kids, Healthy Kids, $3,551
- Rockwell-Swaledale Emergency Medical Team, LUCAS Chest Compression System, $6,500
- Crisis Intervention Service, Free Lending Pantry, $3,000
- Elderbridge Agency on Aging, Client Assistance, $5,000
- Families Helping Families of Iowa, Program Support for Cerro Gordo County Children in Foster Care, $3,000
- Food Bank of Iowa, Fighting Childhood Hunger in Cerro Gordo County, $5,000
- Four Oaks Children and Family Services, Ensuring Access to Behavioral Health Intervention Services for Children in Four Oaks TotalChild, $5,000
- Francis Lauer Youth Services, Bedroom Furnishings, $3,035
- Habitat for Humanity of North Central Iowa, Bright Lights for Dark Nights, $3,000
- The Community Kitchen of North Iowa, Inc., Stove Replacement, $11,770
Decisions on grant awards are determined by a local committee, which consists of volunteers from Cerro Gordo County. Committee members include: Jen Arends, Shaun Arneson (chair), Tim Coffey, John Drury, Julie Kaduce, Gary Schmit, Alan Steckman and Margo Underwood.
Grants are awarded through CGCCF’s competitive grant process to projects in the program areas of arts and culture, community betterment, education and youth development, environment and animal welfare, health and human service. Grant applicants must be a 501(c)(3) designated organization or government entity serving Cerro Gordo County in order to be considered for funding. The 2023 grant cycle opens January 1 with an application deadline of April 1. The grant guidelines and application can be found at www.cerrogordoccf.org.