Bringing Neighbors Together
Bringing Neighbors Together is a program of the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa that provides grants to support neighborhoods in Black Hawk County. CFNEIA believes that bringing neighbors together is the key to creating a stronger community. As more neighbors get to know each other, all the residents of the neighborhood benefit.
To help strengthen neighborhoods, CFNEIA awards micro-grants of up to $1,250 to support creative and impactful neighborhood-centric, event-based programs in Black Hawk County.
The goals of the Bringing Neighbors Together grants:
- Encourage community-building within neighborhoods
- Make more resources available to neighborhoods
- Empower residents to be involved in solving neighborhood and community issues
- Help establish or strengthen neighborhood associations
- Reduce crime through activities that build neighborhood unity
Any neighborhood in Black Hawk County is eligible to apply for a Bringing Neighbors Together grant. The applicant for a grant must be a nonprofit organization or government entity working with the neighborhood. If the neighborhood does not have a nonprofit to partner with, the neighborhood can contact CFNEIA to explore options.
Applications for this grant are on an ongoing basis.
How to Apply
- Fully review the Bringing Neighbors Together Grant Guidelines and Application.
- Submit all required documents as specified in the application.
If you have questions about the online grant application, how to use the online grant site, or other grant writing questions, please visit our Grantseeker's Resources.